Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display screen size keeps changing cutting of bottom part of display IP4

Not sure how to explain but when I hit the menu button the home screen comes up normal and the quickly increases the vertical size by maybe 5%. Just enough to push the 4 apps on the bottom down far enough that I can not see the the name of the app. I can touch it and drag it up but then I loose the signal strength.

This also happens with every other app. If I open mail it opens normal and then zooms in just far enough to loose the the download status.

I have made sure that the accessibility options are all off. Its not the 3 finger zoom tap. I have powered it off but nothing changes.

Message was edited by: jimonthego

Iphone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Sep 23, 2010 1:13 PM

6 replies

Sep 23, 2010 1:39 PM in response to jimonthego

The next user troubleshooting steps are:

1. Restore your phone from your most recent backup, followed by syncing your itunes content back to your phone. Note: If your problem is being caused by corruption on your phone, restoring from backup will merely restore the problem.

2. Restore your phone as a new device in itunes, followed by syncing your itunes content back to your phone. All saved data on your phone will be lost.

If no change after restoring as new, make an appointment at an Apple store.

Oct 17, 2010 8:15 PM in response to jimonthego

I seem to have a similar issue.
I turn my phone on from standby - everything is normal.
Then I start e.g. the iPod app. The display seems to 'grow' very slightly.
turn the iPod app off - the display 'shrinks' a couple of pixels and then 'grows' again. Now I can only read half of the icon text on the bottom row.
If I do a screen capture it will capture the whole screen - even the couple of rows of pixels that I can't see.
Hmmm...

Display screen size keeps changing cutting of bottom part of display IP4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.