Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

dirty screen protector

The old clear screen protector I had on my old Touch kept itself pretty clean, but the new ones (and I've tried a few now) seem to attract every single fingerprint on earth. Is there anything I can do to help keep this new screen fingerprint free or free-ish?

PowerBookPro 3.1, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 2.6 Ghz 4GB RAM

Posted on Oct 28, 2010 2:42 PM

2 replies

Oct 28, 2010 10:01 PM in response to curly1

They stopped giving this out to iPod Touch users (but my friend got it with his iPad), was a microfiber cloth. You can pick them up at any eyeglass store (LensCrafters, Walmart Eye Center, etc.) I didn't get one with mine, but fortunately, I had recently gotten a new pair of glasses that came with one, and it works outstanding every time! They're fairly inexpensive as well.

Oct 30, 2010 12:09 PM in response to drumboi88

Thanks for that.
I have one already. But, that doesn't really get to what I wanted/needed which was a way to keep it cleaner than it is without having to wipe it down all the time. As I was saying the one I had on my earlier model didn't seem to pick up or show fingerprints quite as much or as easily. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to keep it clean during use and not after.
Once again, though, thanks for the reply.

dirty screen protector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.