Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPAD NOT TURNING ON/RESPONDING AT ALL /DEAD

Hi,

My iPad had been idle for about a months time as I have been away and now it seems completely dead and unresponsive. It has been plugged in to the charger for 1.5 days, plugged in to the mac, and tried the reset keys - but nothing happens at all... Its black, dark and silent...

Please help...Surely it cant 'die' just because you don't use it?

Kim

iPad

Posted on Nov 2, 2010 1:40 PM

7 replies

Nov 4, 2010 4:45 AM in response to KimTo

Hi,

So I went to the Apple store in Regent St. in London.. and my Genius Bar operator said it had a faulty connection port - so it didn't take up power - therefore it was dead. They gave me a new one straight away and that was it.. So remember to back up your iPads in iTunes regularly to make sure you keep all your stuff.

The port looked perfectly fine though so not sure if that was just something they said and there is a problem with dead ipads..?? Especially since I have read that this happend to people after it froze in use..

Anyhow, he said there was only 1 issue he personally had seen like this before on London so not sure if its a big problem or not..

IPAD NOT TURNING ON/RESPONDING AT ALL /DEAD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.