Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove 4.2.1?

Can anyone tell me how I can downgrade from 4.2.1 to 3.2.2 , I have tried using restore but it doesnt replace the software version only my settings

4.2.1 is trully awful and has destroyed the performance of my ipad, i need it gone!

Ipad, iOS 4

Posted on Nov 22, 2010 12:56 PM

99 replies

Apr 27, 2017 2:47 AM in response to Eric Lindsay

Getting back to 3.2.2?? People are crazy..

..I just really enjoy using the search button in my Safari as I am browsing the web, while I am listening to an Audio Book in the background with my iPad at the SAME time, while I am also downloading a new update of a latest magazine I have subscribed to in Zinio, while I have also set up my alarm clock to wake me up in the morning if I happen to fall asleep while I am doing all this with my iPad..

Nov 22, 2010 1:42 PM in response to a brody

This is the post i found from googlin..

After downloading the desired firmware below, you can shift-click (PC) or option-click (Mac) the Restore or Update buttons in iTunes. A file dialog will open and let you choose the downloaded ipsw-file.

Strangely when I installed 4.2.1, a copy of 3.2.2 was in my recyle bin so I was able to just click that.

And yes using my Ipad via USB connection and ITunes, just click your Ipad and hold shift then click the "Restore" button and find the backup file, my file was called "iPad1,1 3.2.2_7B500Restore.ipsw"

I don't think the apps I was using were designed for multi-tasking and the performance was poor so until the apps are updated ill stick with 3.2.2

How do I remove 4.2.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.