Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple Care extended warranty cover broken glass?

Or, for that matter, will the 90 day warranty do anything for broken glass on a 4G?

G3/266DT,OC 315/70MHz,RvA,768MB RAMpc100-CL2-2-2, 30G 7200/2MB,160G 7200/8MB,, Siig Ultra ATA133, R700032MB, Bluetooth mod.

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 5:37 PM

Damage is NOT covered by the ONE YEAR standard warranty or Applecare ( which simply extends the one year warranty to two years and adds telephone support for the entire two years).

As with most all warranties, it covers manufacturer defects, not damage that you do to the product.
11 replies

Dec 16, 2010 5:57 PM in response to Allen Scott

What 90 day period? The only 90 day period is the standard period of telephone support, which has nothing to do with warranty or damage. It is just support for issues via the telephone.

There is NO coverage for damage that you do to the ipod. None.

Why would Apple pay for damage that yo do to the iphone?

If you wreck your car, do you get a new one under warranty?

If you break your tv screen, do they replace it under warranty?

If you break your computer screen, do they cover it under warranty?

Sorry. Warranties do not caver damage.

Dec 1, 2011 7:10 PM in response to Allen Scott

I was wondering the same thing. I have an iPhone4 with the AppleCare plan. Although I have had my phone and AppleCare plan for a year, I didn't bother registering the plan until tonight when my glass broke (from a fall of about two and a half feet).

My paperwork for the AppleCare plan says that it simply extends the warranty. That tells me no coverage except for manufacturers' defects. However, when I went to register my plan at the Apple support website, I was redirected to this page for details of the plan I had just registered. http://www.apple.com/support/products/iphone.html

Quoting from that page: "Every iPhone comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary support. AppleCare+ for iPhone extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone1 and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $49 service fee.2 Whether you use your iPhone with a Mac or a PC, just one phone call can help resolve most issues."

This would seem to imply that for a $49 fee, I can get my glass replaced. Anybody know if that's the case?

The plan I purchased is called "AppleCare" in all my paperwork. However, this web page indicates "Applecare+". Anybody know if there is a distinction between Applecare and Applecare+?

My guess is that sometime in the last year, they added that "two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a $49 service fee" sometime in the last year. And when they added that coverage, they changed the name from AppleCare to AppleCare+. But that's just a guess on my part. Anybody know for sure?

Will Apple Care extended warranty cover broken glass?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.