Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Over capacity iPhone 4 - can't sync and get voice memos to computer

Hi, My friend is overcapacity on your iPhone, and can't even sync at all to get voice memos off her iPhone to her computer. It says can't sync Photos. She is syncing songs with her iTunes library, I guess, it would be good idea to remove a bunch of songs from iTunes library on the computer so when it sync's it will remove those from iPhone. Or, would it better to manage music on the iPhone manualy and have them be removed... ? (Would this delete voice memos)

I ask because the voice memos are important and we dont want to lose them... thanks for any advice

iPhone 4, iTunes 10.x Mac, iOS 4.1, iOS 4

Posted on Dec 26, 2010 10:17 AM

6 replies

Dec 12, 2011 12:12 PM in response to dbperson

I have 16GB of 'Other' on my iPhone4, 3.7 GB 'Audio', 5.7 GB of Apps and 3.9 GB of free space.

If I try to sync my voice memos, it says I cannot sync because it will exceed total space by 4.4 GB. I can't get them off. If I try turning off other syncing options, itunes tells me it will delete everything. How evil is that? What should I do? These are priceless recordings of my late grandmother. What can I do that is risk-free? I have around 400 recordings and around 700 priceless notes.

Is Apple really like this? Or am I having a nightmare? Why can't I just copy or drag the files off my f$#%ing iphone?

iPhone explorer seems to delete the subject names and destroy the recording dates information. I just triediphone explorer. It marks each date and time as now (insane) and deletes all title information. Don't do it. I am a documentary maker and this is the stuff of litigation. I call for a class action lawsuit against apple to anyone who has lost data. Go to www.publicopinion.co.

Over capacity iPhone 4 - can't sync and get voice memos to computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.