Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4: no sound on outgoing calls

Hi,
Today I opened my new iPhone. Everything works fine, except ... when i make or receive calls, the caller/receiver can't hear me. Even with my headphone it won't work. Although it's strange that the dictaphone works fine. I allready did an update, but it still won't work (and yes, the protection sheets are pulled off 🙂 Anybody had the same problem?

iOS 4

Posted on Dec 29, 2010 12:00 PM

8 replies

Jan 2, 2011 6:03 AM in response to cien

I now have the same problem after 5 months on good service.
Currently have an appointment reserved for tomorrow. Hopefully to get a replacement as I have seen on other forums this is a fault which can not be fixed by shop staff or over the phone and has occurred with 3's and 3G's.

Embarrassingly for Apple I have had to put my iPhone into call forwarding to my Blackberry!

I'll reply with an update.

Jan 5, 2011 4:28 PM in response to potusuk

As a follow-up to my earlier post:

"I now have the same problem after 5 months on good service.
Currently have an appointment reserved for tomorrow. Hopefully to get a replacement as I have seen on other forums this is a fault which can not be fixed by shop staff or over the phone and has occurred with 3's and 3G's.

Embarrassingly for Apple I have had to put my iPhone into call forwarding to my Blackberry!"

I attended my appointment, unfortunately a very busy day there.. so had to wait 50 minutes.. but hey..

Tech support guy was very good, did a simple check call on the phone to confirm what I was reporting, then ran a very quick diagnostic check on the phone just because that's what they're instructed to do.. then replaced it with a brand new unit.
These are the tech support supply which come in a black box. He reckoned that u/s phones do not get repaired due to cost etc which I can believe, maybe the cpu and ram may get salvaged but the rest simply gets recycled. Therefore suggesting that the replacement phone must be factory new, not a refurbished unit. It certainly doesn't look 2nd hand.
They register the new serial number as being your phone and the warranty continues as before.
Then all you do is update firmware and re-sync when you get home zzzzzzz

*I spent ages trying to find my receipt for my phone, ready to take to my Genius appointment...... as it happened I didn't need it as they already have your details in their system.

All in all a very good response by Apple.

Dec 19, 2011 1:52 PM in response to potusuk

You're a lucky man they replaced it for you, I bought my iPhone in Brazil, warranty expired a month ago, and no one is providing any support for iPhone 4, they just sell it!!! and their fix was 600$ to replace it with a new, which I've hear it's a refurbished unit as well from other users, it's really a shame!! and all that is because of a defect!!!

I understand that my iPhone's warrant has expired, but some other companies may understand this, and the least of it is to offer a good service and provide fixes for their defects!!!!

May 6, 2012 3:50 AM in response to cien

I have a somewhat similar problem. I have iPhone 3GS with iOS 5.1 installed. While making SIP calls through Fring, Skype, Nymgo or Nimbuzz VOIP applications using a home WiFi internet, I am unable to hear audio through built-in ear-piece of my iPhone but instead it works fine by attaching external Earphones or Headphones through the socket in the iPhone. Can anyone help me rectify this problem so that I can make SIP phone calls using above apps in a normal phone conversation mode, without having to attach external ear-phones or headphones? Thanks. Sudhir - Kuwait

iPhone 4: no sound on outgoing calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.