Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cracked Screen- Warranty?

My Ipod Nano has a cracked screen starting at the lock button all the way down on the right half of the screen. Is this covered in the warranty or do i have to pay the $89 to get it fixed? I got it for Christmas and its still under warranty. Any help is appreciated =)

Ipod Nano 6th Generation, Windows XP

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 2:31 PM

26 replies

Jan 9, 2011 1:30 AM in response to Wolfspoiler

Can I hop aboard this topic and say that my screen also cracked about a week after getting it. I never got a chance to nab a warranty for it; it was a gift my old man got as a gift from work.
Am I just boned here, or is there any way I can get this repaired without gettin' jacked outta some irrelevantly high sum of money à la all of my previous iPod experiences?

Jan 10, 2011 10:54 AM in response to deggie

That *****. What a bogus company.
$89 for a piece of glass on a product that's costs, what, $130 or so?
Someone at apple convinced my parents not to fix my iPod classic (which stopped working for absolutely no good reason after a year) and get a nano because they're more "durable" and would be good for jogging and biking.
At this point I'm not even paying for functionality anymore; just design elements.

Jan 10, 2011 11:38 AM in response to Wolfspoiler

Warranty covers manufacturing defects or faults, it does not cover accidental damage, loss, theft, etc.

Insurance covers theft, loss, accidental damage, etc.

Apple provide warranty they do NOT provide insurance, it is up to you to provide insurance cover.

AppleCare which can be purchased for Apple only extends the warranty, it does not provide insurance either.

Jan 10, 2011 12:44 PM in response to JohnnyTrainwreck

It is not $89 for a piece of glass, they actually give you a replacement device and most likely bin the damaged one as it is not economical to repair.

Moaning here will get you know where, we are just users, Apple do not read these forums.

If you have an issue with the device take it to an Apple Store and ask them to replace it.

You don't mention how your glass got cracked, interesting.

I am no longer following this thread, so will not see your replies.

Jan 10, 2011 9:55 PM in response to deggie

I'm not sure how it started, but it only got worse as I used it.
I had it packed away when I drove from my parents' place after Christmas and, 1000 miles later when I got home, there was a hairline crack in the screen. I didn't notice it at first, and when I did I didn't think much of it since it was only visible from an angle when the screen was lit. It still worked perfectly fine and I kept using it, though... now you can tell from a distance quite easily.

Cracked Screen- Warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.