Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 3gs wifi network "unable to join"

since I updated my wife's iphone 3gs to the latest and greatest version she has not been able to login or "join" any wifi network. the phone picks up any and all networks but when you ask to join...it will not. anyone have any suggestions for the fix before we head off the the apple store.

i have tried several things pertaining the phones network settings but nothing has worked. the crazy thing is...it finds the wifi but will not allow it to join!!
thanks

Sony Vaio, Windows XP

Posted on Jan 9, 2011 6:08 AM

17 replies

Jan 28, 2011 9:59 PM in response to Johngaiger

I'm using a Cisco 300N wireless router and had this problem every time the phone sat unused for a few minutes. The only way to fix it was powering off the router for 10 seconds. Same at my friends house with his D-Link.

I got into the routers wireless setups and set the "Key Renewal" to 7200 seconds. Now I only have to reset the router maybe once a week. Ditto with my friends router.

iphone 3gs wifi network "unable to join"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.