Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store update replaced Skype/MacSpeech shortcuts with question marks!

I am not a tech savvy person (I luv my Mac - its easy to get on with) so can someone tell me:
Why did the update that installed the App Store icon on the desktop remove my Skype and MacSpeech Scribe icons and replace them with question marks?
How do I put the icons back?
Thanks!

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Jan 10, 2011 4:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2011 5:15 AM

You normally get a question mark when the link to the application is broken. Hopefully the applications are still in your Applications folder. If they are (hope so) launch the application and the icon for the app should appear in the dock. If it does, click on it and hold and you will the option to 'keep in dock'. You can then just drag the question mark icons off the dock and they should disappear in a puff of smoke.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2011 5:15 AM in response to ozblu

You normally get a question mark when the link to the application is broken. Hopefully the applications are still in your Applications folder. If they are (hope so) launch the application and the icon for the app should appear in the dock. If it does, click on it and hold and you will the option to 'keep in dock'. You can then just drag the question mark icons off the dock and they should disappear in a puff of smoke.

App Store update replaced Skype/MacSpeech shortcuts with question marks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.