Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Verizon offer iphone insurance?

As of right now i checked both the Verizon Wireless and the Asurion (verizon's insurance carrier) websites and Apple devices are not listed. This leads me to believe that I will have to use squaretrade or protectme or some other third party. Anyone have solid info on this?

MacBook Pro 13", Mac OS X (10.6.6), iPhone 4 16GB, iPhone 3GS 16GB, iPod Nano 8GB, MacBook Pro 13'

Posted on Jan 11, 2011 12:41 PM

13 replies

Jan 11, 2011 2:19 PM in response to iinami

iinami wrote:
is the insurance really worth it? i'm not skilled at math, but att offers insurance for 5 bucks a month, over the 2 years that comes out to 120 that i will never see again. if anything happens to my phone i can get a new one for 199 bucks, am i right?

That is a BIG negative ghost rider... I have the insurance plan through Best Buy and it is 16/mo... Even at that price it is worth it to me since I have had 2 replacements already and they will replace it pretty much at any time I ask so it is a fair trade I think.

Jan 11, 2011 2:19 PM in response to iinami

No.

AT&T does not offer regular insurance since an iphone is a computer in their eyes not a phone.

If you are stuck in a contract and are not eligible to early upgrade you will pay $599 for a new iphone 4.

There are third party options. They are not cheap but they aren't $599 either. Squaretrade offers a 2 year warranty but it doesnt cover loss/theft. Only failures and breakage. So its not really insurance but its around $100 for 2 years. There is a deductible of $50 per claim.

Protectme offers full coverage, failure, loss, theft and breakage for $100 for 2 years. Accidental damage claims are $50 and theft/loss claims are $75 respectively per claim.

Worth Ave Group offers full coverage for $80 for 1 year, $160 for 2 and $240 for 3 years. $50 deductible.

IF Verizon does offer the current Asurion for $6 a month then at $144 that to me makes the most sense for full coverage for 2 years.

Jan 11, 2011 6:41 PM in response to Gardens257

Regarding iPhone insurance.

A general concept of insurance is that you should not ensure anything if you can take the loss without it altering your lifestyle.

Insurance is sold because the odds favor the insurer.

I have saved thousands of dollars by never purchasing extended warranties or insurance for small items. I have purchased over 100 Macintoshes for business and personal use and never needed the extended warranty (came close only one time).

If the loss of your iPhone would be a financial hardship then buy the insurance, otherwise keep the money in your pocket.

Jan 18, 2011 11:31 AM in response to Gardens257

In addition to ProtectMe and WorthAve, it looks like GoTronics.com will offer GoCare Verizon iPhone Insurance at www.gotronics.com/iphone-insurance.

Checking their website, I see their current prices start at $79 for 1 year with a $50 deductible for theft or accidental damage.

Coverage seems to have a lot of features that other companies don't have like loaner phones, data recovery and unlocked phone coverage.

Might be something to consider when checking out 3rd party coverage.

Will Verizon offer iphone insurance?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.