Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Your Apple ID has been Disabled" (Not for Security reasons)

Hi
Just try to download a free App today and got this message. I Tried to reset the password but it didnt fixed it.
I can access all my information, change password and stuff. But I cannot download apps in my iphone. I search for all apple support but I only found support for "This Apple ID has been diabled for security reasos"
Dont know what to do.

Iphone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Jan 18, 2011 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2017 3:47 AM

Hi, I was facing same problem for two days but it can be solved only with Apple support. My account was disabled because I changed time zone! I could use everything else but to use App Store. So the only solution is for support to verify your account. When I asked them will this be happening every time I travel to different zone answer was no and that this happened randomly.

Hope this helps someone in future as I vasted too much time!

88 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2017 3:47 AM in response to wjosten

Hi, I was facing same problem for two days but it can be solved only with Apple support. My account was disabled because I changed time zone! I could use everything else but to use App Store. So the only solution is for support to verify your account. When I asked them will this be happening every time I travel to different zone answer was no and that this happened randomly.

Hope this helps someone in future as I vasted too much time!

Feb 7, 2011 6:29 PM in response to erickson1906

Hey everyone, I am having the same excate issue. Opened AppStore app on my macbook pro ( not itunes ) and tried to download a free app. and the i got this " Your Apple ID has been disabled. " I am pretty stumped ... I could edit my info under my user account however. I have only download one other thing from the app store back on Jan, 20 2011.

Just wanted to share My thoughts.

Feb 22, 2011 2:02 PM in response to Mr.Acacio

I'm starting to get frustrated. After detecting a fraudulent charge on my debit card from iTunes a few weeks ago, which I alerted them to, it seems my Apple ID has been disabled.

I set up my new debit card number in my accounts settings, have changed my password 3 times, and have contacted Apple via the support page 5 times, all to no avail. I even visited my local Apple store. Everyone just points to the support page which for me has been a dead end.

Anyone have a resolution for this?

Mar 18, 2011 2:42 PM in response to Mollerade

Has Apple responded? I had a bogus iTunes charge due to credit card fraud a month ago and now my Apple ID has been disabled. I can access the account at iTunes.com and all is well--the credit card on the account is valid. I can access the account via Settings on the iPad and all is ok with no mention of the account being disabled. When I try to update my apps on the iPad, however, I get the disabled Apple ID message. Multiple attempts to contact Apple result in being routed to Tech Support and told I have to spend $29 for support for what seems to be a problem on the Apps Store servers.

"Your Apple ID has been Disabled" (Not for Security reasons)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.