Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicken 2011 for Mac in App Store?

Any ideas when Intuit will make this program available in the App Store?

Thanks

Gordon

Posted on Jan 22, 2011 4:20 PM

22 replies

Mar 13, 2011 3:15 AM in response to baltwo

The big question from my point of view is as to whether or not the latest Quicken 2011 Deluxe can work on Mac's without a hitch. Quicken 2011 is already a few big steps backward (shame on Intuit) but there seems to be NO competition but a huge demand for the software. So as a result, I hesitate buying a Mac, as great as they seem to be. Until Windows based software like Quicken and it is seamless, I resist. They say I can run Quicken on the Mac but I have to do certain steps each time and buy a new Windows program. I currently run on Windows XP and wonder if I need to first upgrade that to Windows 7 and THEN to a Mac....just seems to iffy and may just buy the HP. Thoughts anyone? I am confused and the kids at the Apple Store confuse me even more. I would need to be able to use my RealPlayer, Excel and Word 2000 and Quicken 2011. Ouch.

Jun 17, 2011 4:47 AM in response to gjsmith

Does anyone remember that in 2000, iIntuit announced to discontinue Quicken for Mac. But due to user outcry and apple infusion on I think $20mm, Quicken for Mac was saved. We need that same loud cry from the public and Apple to force their hands. I too do not like Quicken Essentials. Too many things it doesn't do that old versions did. My 2006 version runs just fine on all Mac OS X systems.

Jun 18, 2011 7:24 PM in response to dxln1

I recently read an article somewhere (Macworld?) explaining some of this. It said a lot of the code in Quicken is very old and written for PowerPC, and isn't going to be rewritten for Intel because it's too much trouble apparently.

Don't hold your breath waiting for change. For many, many years, the Chairman and Former CEO of Intuit, Bill Campbell, has been on the Board of Directors of Apple. You'd think Steve Jobs sits at the same table as Bill Campbell during board meetings. Yet the long existence of that relationship has had no effect on improving Intuit products for the Mac.

http://www.apple.com/pr/bios/bod.html

Quicken 2011 for Mac in App Store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.