Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing iTunes and App Store receipts

I recently downloaded Keynote from the the new Mac App Store program on my Macbook Air and for some reason, I did not receive an emailed receipt. I'm trying to email a PDF of my receipt for business expenses. I cannot find an easy way to do this.

Thus began my 60 minute odyssey to recover my purchase history navigating through multiple counterintuitive Apple e-commerce portals. I did not realize that the Apple Store and the Mac App Store are separate billing entities with no shared purchase history, even though my account ID and password are shared. (i.e. i can buy software to be shipped to me via CD from the Apple Store, and I can download the same software from the App store HOWEVER I cannot access purchase history for both transactions from either store.)

I logged into my account information on the Apple Store website. No luck. I had to re-enter my information several times to access info on different account pages within the Apple Store website ("view saved carts", "view 1-click orders", etc. ad nauseum). No luck. I discovered through the course of research that Mac App store purchase history is counterintuitively accessed in the iTunes program of all places.

Finally, I pulled up my Mac App Store purchase history for the Keynote download, but THERE IS NO WAY TO PRINT IT! Do I really need to grab a screen shot, reformat in Photoshop and email the PDF to my accounting department?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.6), Apple Store vs. App Store vs. iTunes CONFUSING!

Posted on Feb 10, 2011 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2017 2:01 PM

You're talking to fellow users here. Tell Apple. Product Feedback - Apple.

tt2

10 replies

Aug 23, 2017 5:48 AM in response to Drain576555

I found this thread while looking for the same answers as the OP.

It is now August 2017, and there is still no possible way to access and download receipts/ invoices from the App Store.

If I purchase and download an App from the App Store (a standalone app in itself), why do i still have to log into I-Tunes (a completely different app) just to see a purchase history for items purchased in the App Store? And when I eventually find them, why is there still no 'print billing history' functionality? Pretty much every other service I use, including my ISP and Amazon, allow me to do this.

Has it not occurred to Apple that many people are purchasing software for business use, and therefore require receipt of purchase in a printable format (preferably PDF). It seems completely ridiculous that having spent money a Mac user should have to jump through numerous hoops to find an account history.

Sort it out!

Apr 28, 2012 12:47 PM in response to Drain576555

Go in itunes, then open the itune's store. In the top right corner you can see your account name click at the right of the name (a little arrow will show up) then click on "Account". Scroll down to the second section of the screen, where you can see "purchase chronology" click on it and you can see all the purchases.

From there, you can select the purchase you want and at this point you could do a screen shot for example or copy/paste.

Hope it helps - Pulled this from another apple user's reply in a simliar post 🙂

Printing iTunes and App Store receipts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.