Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verizon IPhone - Personal Hotspot Disappears from Settings

I was using the personal hotspot feature and received a phone call. Upon answering it the data connection dropped (as expected).

After the call was complete, I could still see the blue "Personal Hotpot" bar across the top of the phone for a few seconds. After it disappeared, I went into the settings to turn it back on, but it is no longer listed as a feature.

I tried turning the phone on/off, but it did not resolve the issue. Has anyone else run into this?

iOS 4

Posted on Feb 21, 2011 12:36 PM

7 replies

Jul 15, 2011 7:34 AM in response to kjl0

So this is what I did to rectify the problem. First, do a Network Reset, this resets all network settings to factory, wait for the iPhone to reboot. Then, do a Reset All Settings, you won't lose data or media, but if you have a passcode on, it will be erased, but is easily fixed when it reboots, also note your iPhone's background will be reset to the "Water on Window" background, so you will need to change that as well, but that's about it. Wait for the iPhone to reboot, then go to Settings>General>Network>Personal Hotspot, and turn it on, then immediately connect a computer to it, then afterward disconnect, and it should still show up in the settings on the iPhone, and visible to any computer with WiFi capabilities. I just had this happen to me a few minutes ago, and this fixed it. Try it.

Verizon IPhone - Personal Hotspot Disappears from Settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.