Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stylus for drawing on ipad. suggestions?

I would like to take a look at getting an iPad for myself to use to create simple drawings that I can use in Illustrator. I like the idea of using a pen. Any suggestions on a stylus that works well with the iPad? Something with a fine tip would be great. Also, any apps that work best for simple stuff, make it easy to either transfer or email the drawing for placement inside Illustrator.

Thanks!

MBP, iMac Al, iPhone 3gs, 10.6

Posted on Mar 3, 2011 10:50 AM

9 replies

Mar 3, 2011 2:41 PM in response to Tyler Parker

I too have the Targus. The point is not very fine as Meg points out regarding most of these tools. I like that fact that I'm not leaving fingerprints and marks all over the screen and that's shy I bought one. I use it for everything that I do on the iPad.

I started looking at vector drawing apps and one that looked interesting to me is iDesign. I have not purchased it, but it looked pretty cool.

stylus for drawing on ipad. suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.