Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I buy an unlocked iPad 2 from online store

I want to ask if I can buy an un locked iPad 2 from the online store

notice that I am not in the United States and I am going to used it out side it

Sony VAIO, Windows Vista

Posted on Mar 6, 2011 9:57 AM

30 replies

Mar 6, 2011 1:33 PM in response to Sultan1234

Assume the U.S. GSM version iPad 2 is unlocked (nothing clear on that yet: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2769358&tstart=0) you would either have to buy it 3rd party on a site like eBay or wait until a reseller who ships outside the U.S. has them in stock or find someone in the U.S. to buy you one and ship to you. The U.S. Apple store will not ship to a non-U.S. address.

Mar 11, 2011 4:27 AM in response to lllaass

I guess there's huge differences in mobile telephony and and mobile Internet understanding in US and Europe. Mobile market in Europe is much more liberated and unified at the same time (GSM being the only widely adopted system in Europe - so far at least). The question in the first post was really simple:
If I buy AT&T (GSM) version of iPad 2 will I be able to use it with other GSM micro-sim cards from other carriers worldwide? Or is iPad locked to AT&T USA like iPhone is.

Then all of a sudden people started to talk about Verizon and AT&T differences, eBay thing etc - it is not the point.

So let's wait for someone who can get their hands on iPad 2 GSM (AT&T), travel to Europe, swap the sim and then confirm here for our benefit.

How can I buy an unlocked iPad 2 from online store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.