Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an Android remote app for Apple TV?

I'm planning to buy Apple TV, but I could not find a remote app for Android. Is there one?

PowerBook G4

Posted on Mar 9, 2011 11:56 PM

11 replies

Jan 29, 2012 4:41 PM in response to powerbookuser99

Hi! You can try this one: https://market.android.com/details?id=hyperfine.hftunes.release&hl=en but, take a look at this: "Apple TV and other DAAP/DACP servers are not supported. While many users report success in using Remote for iTunes with their Apple TV configuration, we do not actively test it in-house and therefore cannot support it. We encourage Apple TV users to take advantage of the Android Market trial period to see if Remote for iTunes is a good solution for their configuration.".

Apr 6, 2012 9:00 AM in response to powerbookuser99

The TouchSquid Remote app and the TouchSquid tablet both can control Apple TV as part of a Home Theater control. They control TVs, cable boxes, amps and other devices in one Activity based UI.

The tablet uses its built in IR blaster. The App, which runs on most Android phones and tablets uses an extrenal IR blaster made by Global Cache.

Disclaimer:

I am an employee of TouchSquid Technology Inc.

Jul 16, 2012 2:33 PM in response to touchsquid

Mr Touchsquid is being a little misleading. Touchsquid is using IR to communicate with the AppleTV. Any IR remote (which is basically any remote control) can be used with AppleTV by using the "Learn Remote" feature. What the OP is looking for is an Android app that uses Wi-Fi to communicate with the AppleTV like Apple's own Remote app.

Jul 16, 2012 2:49 PM in response to cdmckay

There are several apps on Google play that can control Apple TV or IP.

The advantage of the TouchSquid app (which I use on a Samsung Tab 2) is that in one tidy application you control all your devices including TV, cable box, Apple TV or Apple mini, DVD or Bluray players and sound system.

It is Acivity based so one button turns on all the devices, and switches to the correct activity.

Dec 17, 2015 5:45 AM in response to powerbookuser99

Just two weeks ago I was looking for remote analogue to my Android (Huawei P8, no infrared) - no way. All require IR bluster or additional hardware.

The only app for no infrared phone I found called Apple TV free remote: CiderTV

Surprisingly, this free Android remote paired with my Apple TV 4 well, swipe contol is responsive and works with no problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.