Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finally Flash on iPad

Well sort of.

Search for iSwifter in the app store. It basically streams a firefox browser to your iPad. Finally I can load Flash video and games without having to switch on my PC.

It has its issue and not an everyday browser BUT gets round those sites that require flash.

At the moment all profits from the upgrade (it browses for free for a few minutes before reseting) which allows unlimited browsing is going to help those struggling in Japan.

Win Xp, Windows XP

Posted on Mar 16, 2011 3:01 PM

29 replies

Mar 16, 2011 4:40 PM in response to Hawk_Eye

Apple needs to just lift it's ban on Flash.

I don't get it. I have an HTC evo phone, and it has the Flash Player, and it works really well.

At the office I'll often catch up on the biggest loser, or seinfeld over at tbs and nbc, or some southpark. I just flip out the kickstand, inset my headphones and watch ( or mainly listen ) to anything.

Having Flash allows me to feel more connected to the internet. I'll ofetn play tower defense (my favorite genre) flash games at new grounds, or watch MMA videos on MMASHARE.com

I see no difference between what I get on my phone and what I get at home on my pc. I have not had a single problem, infact I would argue that flash on my phone runs better than it does on my netbook.

I use a netbook hooked to a tv to watch flash tv shows in bed at night, and sometimes I will get a little slow down or stutter when not in full screen, but then the next day at the office it will run great on the phone.

All I know is Apple would make me alot happier if they took down that rediculous "thoughts on flash" post and work things out. 1/2 the crap it says in there is so outdated and not true anymore I can't believe they keep it up.

Mar 16, 2011 5:24 PM in response to randomManFromTheStands

I would also like to see it on the iPad but the reality is that it just ain't gonna happen. Think of it as a corporate pizzing contest and it appears that Apple is winning.

I've had Flash on my Mac for as long as it has existed and, despite tales of gloom from others, I have never had the slightest problem attributable to Flash. However, like I said, it just ain't gonna happen. Mr. Jobs said so and he runs the company.

Mar 16, 2011 5:40 PM in response to Philly_Phan

The problems introduced by flash on a mobile device are just plain not worth it.
Another critical zero day flaw in flash(includes android version) was discovered, browser page loads are slower, scrolling sometimes becomes jerky, playback is iffy(a lot of "not optimized for mobile" warnings), browser crashes, etc.

Boy, I miss my iPhone so badly 😟

Mar 17, 2011 12:30 AM in response to NetFugitive

Flash isn't actually running on the iPad itself but instead the app is streaming by way of RDP (or similar without getting geeky) from a PC running firefox.

I don't like flash and it annoys the **** out of me BUT on that rare occasion I need to go on a Flash site (not video) this does the trick. I had to do it this morning to claim a prize from my cereal box and although slow beat having to wait for windoze to start up.

For everyday browsing i use Skyfire and Safari depending on whether i need to access video or not but when i become stuck and Skyfire doesn't support video or the site is completely Flash (oh the irony!) then copy the link to iSwifter.

NOT PERFECT but until the rest of the world works out HTML 5 exists and is better then its a stop gap.

Finally Flash on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.