Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4 personal hotspot not in options

i have recently updated my iphone 4 (o2-uk) to ios i thought that i would use the personal hotspot feature allot but when i went in to my settings to activate it the tab was not listed in the settings. can some please tell me what to do to resolve this issue

iphone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Mar 17, 2011 12:55 PM

25 replies

Mar 18, 2011 3:04 PM in response to fishy spud

As Peter says if you are on 4.3 it should be under network. But unless you already have tethering on your account it will just show as 'Set up Personal Hotspot'. If you have tethering enabled it just gives you a 3rd option as well as USB and bluetooth connect.

So although the phone can do it O2 have decided you need the extra tethering bolt on to do it. And obviously they are going to charge for it, although it is rumoured that o2 are releasing new tarrifs at the end of the month which will include tethering as standard.

Mar 25, 2011 12:54 PM in response to brendan002

Unless we are referring to a specific market. I have been using the hotspot settings in Settings->Personal Hotspot on a Verizon iPhone 4 for quite some time.

This morning the Settings->Personal Hotspot was gone. I changed nothing with my plan, nor with my phone.

Note, as of this writing, Apple/Verizon has not released 4.3 for the verizon iPhone 4.

Thanks for any advice as to why the option might be there one day, and gone the next.

Thanks,
Andrew...

iphone 4 personal hotspot not in options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.