Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I had an iPhone 4 Stolen

Does anyone know what happens when your iphone get stolen. Wil Apple replace it because I was in a very unfortunate event where my iphone was stolen from me.

iPhone 4, Windows 7

Posted on Mar 31, 2011 7:17 AM

11 replies

Mar 31, 2011 7:22 AM in response to iKmoxstar

Apple does not offer insurance on devices. You would have to look to your own insurance (home owners policy or renters policy may cover it, perhaps?). Maybe even credit card if you just purchased it recently (mine offers something along those lines - 90 or 120 days coverage against theft or accidental loss).

Make sure you change any account passwords (email, web sites, that sort of thing). Also, did you report it stolen to the police? Often insurance companies will require a police report.

Message was edited by: Michael Black

Mar 31, 2011 7:40 AM in response to iKmoxstar

I do not know Apple's policy on this, but did you ask them about the out-of-warranty replacement option? If you have the original receipt and the police report, I wonder if they might allow you to buy a refurb for the out-of-warranty price? I don't know, but you could ask.

Otherwise, I'm not surprised they were not helpful - they are not an insurance company and are in no way responsible for lost or stolen equipment.

Mar 31, 2011 3:02 PM in response to Michael Black

The out of warranty replacement requires that you trade in a damaged iPhone for a replacement refurbished iPhone. If you have no iPhone to give them in return then you are not eligible. There are also some other requirements but you need to have a damaged iPhone to give them.

At this point all you can do is to check with any existing insurance plans you have to see if it is covered under them. But there are no discounts from Apple for lost or stolen iPhones.

I had an iPhone 4 Stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.