Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Notes in Gmail

I have sync notes turned on in my gmail account.

How does this work? I receive an email every time I update a note in the iPad, but I only get that mail in my blackberry phone, I don't see those mails in gmail or the iPad.

I don't like this, because I accidentally deleted a note from my phone and it got deleted in the iPad.

Is this how it is supposed to work?

Wilfredo.

Message was edited by: Wilfredo Nanita

iMac 27" i3 / Mac Mini 1.83 core duo - 2Gb Ram, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 16Gb wifi iPad iOS 4.2.1 • 160 Gb iPod Classic

Posted on Apr 2, 2011 8:44 AM

4 replies

Apr 7, 2011 8:52 AM in response to Wilfredo Nanita

I have a different problem with Gmail and notes.

I have turned ON Notes in my imap Gmail email settings on both my iPad2 and iPhone4, both running 4.3.

On my Mac, in mail, notes from my iPhone end up in a Gmail folder called GMAIL/NOTES, alongside all my other folders in my Gmail account. Notes from my iPad however end up in a Yellow folder labeled GMAIL, under the yellow NOTES folder in Mail.

On Googles web site, under the mail account, only the notes from my iphone, in the folder / label called GMAIL/NOTES shows up.

I end up with two different sets of notes between my iPad and my Iphone, both syncing wirelessly and showing up in mac mail in separate folders, and only the iphone notes showing up in google mail on the internet.

How can i get these two sets to become one that is synced in the same folder across the ipad, iphone, mac mail, (and google internet mail) ?

thanks.

Apr 14, 2011 6:23 AM in response to DBW

Problem solved. Works like a charm.

Fix:
-on iphone, in the mail settings, under Account / Advanced/ IMAP Path Prefix, it read [Gmail]. this is the prefix that all my folders / labels in my gmail account show up under on my mac.
-On iPad, this setting was blank, therefore,when it synced to Google, it placed the notes in the wrong place. Once I added the [Gmail] as the IMAP Path Prefix, it all worked immidiately!

Now i have unchecked in iTunes the "sync notes with mac" option for both devices, all duplicates went away, there is only 1 account on each device, and THEY SYNC PERFECTLY between each other, my mac mail and my google internet interface.

SWEET. Now mail, contacts, calendars and Notes all sync w/o paying Apple $99/year!

Syncing Notes in Gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.