Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best/favorite texting app out there?

I had been using HeyWire for a few months but then realized HeyWire was not the only player in town...only the latest one to join the club! I see people talking about TextFree as well but besides those two, any others worth trying out to compare before deciding which one I stick with?

BTW...does HeyWire and TextFree support MMS messaging as well or only SMS? I know TextFree has come out with a newer version that includes phone calls as well and it they also advertise that it does MMS as well too but wasn't sure about the regular "TextFree" app.

Thanks!

HP DV7T-Quad, Windows 7, iPhone 4 32GB

Posted on Apr 2, 2011 10:53 PM

3 replies

Apr 3, 2011 6:49 AM in response to Dayvidpriddy

Sorry, it's called Text+ (Plus) in the iTunes store in the Lifestyle section. I don't use any phone feature but it gives you a free phone number. This is simply so that other people texting you have a real number, not a pass through so they can text back without having to do anything special. All my friends, etc... we just add that number to our contacts as another text option. Works great for the iPad also that doesn't have a native text feature. Here is a link to their website. They have three version for the iPhone. Really nice, for .99 cents.

http://www.textplus.com/

What is the best/favorite texting app out there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.