Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch Greyed out ' No wi-fi '

My iPod touch 2nd gen, 8gb, mc model, 4.2.1 software version isn't able to connect to wi-fi as the 'wi-fi' setting in 'options' is greyed out. Iv'e reset the network settings, reset all settings and reset all content and settings yet NOTHING? However i did accidentally water damage it about a year ago and it didn't even turn on so i just left it at that. Come a month or 2 ago and my ipod all of a sudden turned on?, everything on it was working fine which puzzled me quite a bit. Then come about a week after, my iPod went into restore mode all of sudden, so i turned turned it off, turned it back on and it kept saying i have to restore so that also puzzled me. My wi-fi may work once or month by restoring it but it doesn't stay like it. What could possibly be the problem?

KA766AA-ABU s3320.uk, Windows Vista

Posted on Apr 7, 2011 11:11 AM

12 replies

Apr 7, 2011 11:56 AM in response to lllaass

But it does work at times? i'm still able to use the ipod, just the wi-fi doesn't seem to work. If i leave it for a few days then turn it back on, chances are the wi-fi will be working again. I really don't want send it away though to a third-party as i just don't feel safe doing it. Giving your ipod to someone you've never heard of before who is located nowhere near you is a bit risky, escpecially a third-party company?

Apr 18, 2011 9:12 AM in response to Balloon97x

Its all rubbish, Mine worked great until I plugged it into my mac to put some new songs on it. I was informed there was a software update and downloaded it, then the wifi stopped working. It was working one minute on the desk and after the update it stopped, so it has to be a software problem with the updated firmware unless Apple want everybody to go out and buy new Ipods????

Apr 18, 2011 9:33 AM in response to paulfromliverpool

If you feel that the software or firmware is the cause of your issue you should DFU restore your iPod. A DFU restore allows you to replace both the software and firmware that was altered during your software update.

To put your iPod in DFU mode:

1. Connect your iPod to a computer with iTunes installed

2. While the iPod is connected to the computer, hold the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time for 8 seconds.

3. Let go of the sleep/wake button and continue holding the home button

4. A dialog box will appear in iTunes stating that iTunes has detected an iPod/iPhone in recovery mode if you were successful.

Then all you need to do is click OK, then restore the iPod.

iPod Touch Greyed out ' No wi-fi '

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.