Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 3GS wont turn on or charge ......

Hi ,
I have my iPhone 3GS 32GB which is running 4.3(not jailbroken)which i have had for about 2 years now and just recently , i went to go put it onto the charger (as the battery was low) and i went to check it and it was off . So i thought , why is it off? . I tired turning on and nothing. I tried the hold power and home button for over 10 seconds , nothing and the home button while pluging in the USB cable , but still nothing..... Can anyone help my problem ?

Thanks

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPhone 3GS Black 32GB, iPod Touch 2nd 8GB , iPod Nano 4th 8GB

Posted on Apr 8, 2011 4:18 AM

17 replies

Apr 8, 2011 11:03 AM in response to cSmASTER#CzGN

+1
I updated to the latest 4.whatever, and the next day my phone spontaneously powered down in a similar manner to the above user. I noticed that the phone was getting excessively hot when I attempted to charge it when it was powered down. I could not turn it back on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It seems like a possible battery problem, but the fact that the failure corresponds to a update is too much of a coincidence to ignore. Grr
Thanks!
-Steve

Apr 9, 2011 1:10 PM in response to cSmASTER#CzGN

Hi,

I've just had the same thing with my iPhone 3GS, on 4.3.1. It crashed out, and the back-light seemed to stop working. All my contacts / emails / photos were still on the phone, but the brightness was gone, and the date had reset to Thursday Jan 1st 1974. When I plugged it in, the brightness returned and I could change brightness via settings. Unplugged: no brightness. After about half an hour, it crashed again and now refuses to turn on / recognise when it is plugged in.

I've tried two different cables, connected to my computer and to a wall socket. Is my only remaining option taking it to the Apple store?

Thanks

iPhone 3GS wont turn on or charge ......

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.