Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exact weight difference between iPhone 4 models?

I'm looking for an EXACT weight for each model of iPhone 4. AT&T v. Verizon.

This has to do with a verrrry delicate balancing idea. So guesses, approximations, tenths of an ounce don't count.

What is the weight -- no fooling -- of each model with the identical memory?

Does anyone out there have both and a sub-gram scale that could shed some light on this?

All that I see in various "comparison" stories are things like "the -battery- weighs 1.3 g less in the Verizon model (but the vibrator is heavier by a micro fraction)", and Apple's published spec, which calls 137 g = 4.8 oz.

Actually 137 g = 4.83+ oz. And 4.80 oz is closer to 136 g in real life. So these figures are only as accurate as their tolerance is. Good enough for a consumer to grasp, but not an engineer.

I'm looking to pin it down to the tenth of a gram. Or better.

Any takers?

Mac Pro 8 core, Mac OS X (10.6.2), 6 GB RAM

Posted on Apr 11, 2011 6:07 PM

6 replies

Apr 14, 2011 11:13 AM in response to Peter Inova1

I'm looking to pin it down to the tenth of a gram. Or better.

If you need that kind of accuracy, are you going to believe what you read here? You shouldn't.

You need to measure them yourself... get a calibrated scale and go to ATT and VZW. Make sure you use the same scale that is calibrated to that degree (at least 5x better than ±0.1g).

Exact weight difference between iPhone 4 models?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.