Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my main speakers don't work iphone 4

hi all

There is no sound coming from the Speakers of My Iphone 4 i bought from Singapore online Apple Store.... i have tried restoring my phone its only 4 months... i am verys sad ... i am in INDIA now & they dont have a service centre here i am very very up set... Apple should have some redmedy to getmy Iphone fixed ... i use this phone as my work book....please help me... if i put on any sound dock system the sond comes from the dock.. but when i remove it from the dock there is no SOUND from the phone 😟

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on Apr 16, 2011 9:48 PM

6 replies

Apr 17, 2011 2:38 AM in response to carinaferns

It could be detecting something plugged into the headphone port even when nothing is plugging in.

A good way to check this is to press the volume buttons and see if the HUD popup says "headphones" underneath the speaker icon. If it does and you don't have headphones plugged in, you can try to clean out the headphone port, or connect, then disconnect the headphones and see if it's fixed. As a last resort, you can also try turn the phone off (hold down lock button then slide on the prompt), and back on.

If that is the problem, usually one of the above will fix the issue, though it may take multiple attempts.

May 28, 2011 10:04 AM in response to carinaferns

Hello,

Play the music and then do hard press and hold on the bottom right of iPhone 4's device with your thumbnail. You'll hear the song but once you release your thumb don't be suprise if the sound disappears.

Fyi, your device is badly misproduction . 😟

It was happening on my device too, I bought the iPhone 4 last April 29th, 2011 and the speaker didn't work after I synced with iTunes. I was suprised when I found that this problem happens on many iphone4 devices as well,

2 weeks ago I went back to the Apple's dealer in my town ( Telkomsel - Surabaya - Indonesia ) and told them about this problem but they refused to replace the device, they told me to call or visit the service center ( Mitra Telekomunikasi Selular ) and the customer service officer ( Mr. Setio ) told me they will replace the speaker module.

Till today, I disagree with their recommendation because I was thinking that I buy a new device but there's problem but the problem is mass problem that happens on many people on the same model so that we are worthy to have the replacement with new iPhone 4's device , if they do replace the speaker's module it means that the device is becoming refurbished device. Pay New Get Refurbish 😟

What do you think ? Please advice. Thank you

my main speakers don't work iphone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.