Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stylus for hand-writing on ipad

I take a lot of notes in meetings. I don't want to use a keyboard, and I would love to find a stylus and app that would allow me to write directly on my iPad. How?

iPad

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2011 6:32 PM

There are reports flying around the internet that Wacom has just announced a Bamboo stylus for iPad, and that it should be available sometime around May. Boxwave also makes a solution that's available now, and there may be others too. Enjoy!

11 replies

Sep 4, 2011 11:12 AM in response to dashlapak

No. I downloaded the "Notes Plus" app but I just can't stand using the snub-nosed Boxwave stylus to write. I use a fountain pen to write on paper, and I'm a bit fussy about the aesthetics of writing. What kills me is that ever retail outlet in America uses fine-point styluses (styli?) to sign their electronic credit card reading devices. Why can't someone make one for the iPad???

Nov 18, 2011 7:23 AM in response to Dancyrm

Yes thanks, I read this articule before. What I did is purchase the Griffin Stylus ( $ 12 on Ebay ) and download the notablity App ( $ 0.99 ), and happy with this.

I would like that the end of the stylus will be a little thinner, but for now I think I can handle.

Looks like those things are dessign for drawing and not for writing

Oct 24, 2013 5:52 AM in response to KarenWantsEasyTechnology

I have been trying to find an app/ stylus that works best for years. Even in the apple store the rep wasnt able to give me a straight answer. I want to have a fine point stylus which will allow me to take notes. Practically every stylus out there makes it look like I am using a crayon for my notes.

Does anyone know if the new ipad air has a better screen for more detailed stylus use? I am currently using the bamboo stylus with the notability app.

Stylus for hand-writing on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.