Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone overheating after IOS 4.3.2 upgrade

My iphone is overheating since last OS upgrade. Battery life also seems to be worse. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Apr 20, 2011 10:27 AM

6 replies

Apr 23, 2011 2:25 PM in response to Oscar Mata

Uninstall iTunes then re-install it. This resolved the issue of battery drain bug for me and several of my friends. The problem is iTunes updates, not the iPhone OS updates.

I have even proved this theory to the Apple store geniuses repeatedly using several test handset of theirs and my own. They reported the issues to their management.

Apr 27, 2011 1:51 AM in response to hollyfromOR

Hi

My iPhone 4 got this problem just recently. It’s quite hard to tell what really caused this problem, as there are quite many things that have changed, but there is defiantly a clear issue that did not exist before.

I have had ios 4.3.2 several days without any problems (no problems with 4.3 or 4.3.1). Yesterday I installed some app updates(ironically, among those was Google Latitude update announcing that the problem with battery draining is been solved). I also updated the latest iTunes and used that for updating my iPhone.

After updates I plugged my phone to car charger (GriffinPowerJolt Car Charger – approved by Apple) and used TomTom navigation. After awhile I noticed that the phone was exceptional hot. I unplugged the phone and waited for a while, as the phone did not cool down, I closed all applications that were running on background. This did not help either, phone was draining battery really fast and was really hot. I booted the phone several times, but no help, I could not charge the phone. Eventually batteries run out. Later I connected my phone to my MacBook Pro, it did not charge, it just started heating once I plugged it in (the trick to hold the home button to reset the phone did not help).

After all this, I left my phone alone for several hours. I put my phone to power adapter over night and at the morning, batteries were fully charged, but phone still exceptionally hot.

Now I have re-installed iTunes, and restored the ios with no help (after the restore when phone was syncing all the stuff back to my phone I got the warning that phone is over heated). Phone is not charging when plugged into my laptop (even it indicates that it’s charging, the battery level percentage is not arising), it’s just heating, especially the top area of back cover, the most hottest area seems to be next to the camera.

May 6, 2011 8:33 PM in response to Majo

Update to my original post.

I took my phone to store and explained the problem. My phone was sent to repairs and within a week they sent a new phone. Now I have restored the same software to the new phone and it works like a charm. Battery lasts like it should, no over heating when charging (no heating warnings), no problems with car charger either.

So, in my case the problem was in hardware.

iPhone overheating after IOS 4.3.2 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.