Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is there a portable printer I can use with ipad 2

I am thinking of buying an Ipad2 but need to print documents while traveling. is there a portable printer compatible with the ipad 2 ?

Posted on May 8, 2011 1:10 PM

22 replies

May 9, 2011 5:56 PM in response to MyApple8MyPC

I need a solution that I can use on the road, without having another computer to link to the printer. Therefore printopia is not any good. Its a funny one IMHO, I am surprised that HP didnt make their new mobile printer AirPrint compatible. There are a lot of people on the web after exactly the same thing. Would make my iPad a lot more useful.

Mar 22, 2012 3:11 PM in response to michaelfromchichester

I have a new HP portable 100. Just bought iPad and I cannot print while traveling? I presumed that iPads would somehow connect to a printer via a physical connection if they would not work via wireless. Does this mean I have to take my computer wh.ile traveling?

Should I return the iPad under the two weeks return policy as it does not do what I need it to do?

Apr 4, 2012 3:31 PM in response to michaelfromchichester

There is a way ... I've been happily printing for a while from my iPad to my battery-operated HP H470 with absolutely no wires (and no router / pre-existing WiFi connection - it operates in AdHoc mode). Literally just the iPad and the H470 - in fact, one time in a marquee in the middle of a muddy field with no power and a long way from the nearest WiFi connection, so it can be done from literally anywhere.

I also couldn't find any info on a true mobile printing solution for iPad (or iPhone/iPod for that matter) but felt sure it must be possible, somehow - so once I'd sorted it all out, I wrote down the solution and the steps to get it to work in the hope of helping others:

http://genuinely-original.blogspot.com/search/label/iPad Printing

Hope that's useful to someone!

Thanks,

Keith

Jul 1, 2013 10:03 AM in response to michaelfromchichester

I found a way to set up a mobile printer to work with iPad, but it requires you have an iPad with the mobile hotspot feature. I've created a parts list and a youtube video to help you get it set up. They can be found here:

http://makethisstuffwork.blogspot.com/2013/07/how-to-set-up-mobile-printer-to-wo rk.html

Unfortunately, since it requires the mobile hotspot feature this will require at least an iPad 3 with cellular service. It won't work with your iPad 2.

is there a portable printer I can use with ipad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.