Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i transfer eBooks from laptop to iPad

I was wondering if I buy an eBook on my laptop, can I then transfer that file onto my iPad?

iPad 2

Posted on May 10, 2011 5:10 PM

5 replies

May 10, 2011 8:33 PM in response to jenrl

Stanza is one of the best ebook apps you can get, it has iOS and OS X apps. The desktop app will read most every format I've tried it with, and can convert into different formats too, and best of all, sync with the iOS app through iTunes.

Kindle also has desktop and iOS apps, which can sync through iTunes, or the cloud - it even keeps your place in the book across devices. It doesn't support many formats though.

May 11, 2011 7:39 AM in response to jenrl

Yes, via Apple's iBook app. See this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4059 "iBooks: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)":

Can I download books from other websites?

Yes, you can download ePub files on your Mac or PC. Using iTunes 9.2 or later, add them to your iTunes library choosing File > Add to Library, or drag the ePub file to the Books library on your computer. To read these books, simply sync them to your device.

Cheers!

can i transfer eBooks from laptop to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.