Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

personal hotspot in iphone 4 is missing

i updated my iphone IOS from 4.3.2 to 4.3.3 then my personal hotspot was missing... can someone help me..

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 15, 2011 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2011 11:46 AM

if you cannot seen it in setting ,

go setting --------General -------Netwrok---------Personal Hotspot-----------Active it from here.

After active from here you can see in Main setting .

86 replies

May 21, 2011 9:41 PM in response to nadeemfromlondon

I've had this same problem on my last two Iphone 4's. On my original black i've had wifi hotspot set up for a while and working great. After updating to 4.3.3 it was still working well. Eventually it completely went missing. Yes I know you have to go to general-----network---- etc ...but once you activate it you have personal hotspot feature as an option under wifi. Now the option is gone and when you go to general-----network----etc the option to set it up is no longer there and tethering via usb is no longer an option either. After I would restore the iphone the option to set up would be there again. I would re set it up and it would work fine...then after a while it would disappear again. This is really getting annoying having to restore my phone each time it would disappear. I now have a new white iphone 4 running 4.3.3. I set up tethering no problem and was working well. A couple of days later i tried to use it again and realized it was missing again. The same case as my last iphone....its obviously a bug in the new update.

Jun 25, 2011 11:50 PM in response to nadeemfromlondon

I had problem with personal hotspot option not appearing so tried a lot of thing found the problem and solved it.U can do following.

1)setting>general>networks > if u seen hotspot option turn it on (if not)

2)setting>general>network>cellular datanetwork>(scroldown)internet tethering>enter APN (if this does not work)

3)setting>general>network>cellular datanetwork>(scroldown)internet tethering>reset setting.(then enter APN )

4)if problem still persist do following.

a)call ur mobile operator check it they have any restriction on tethering

b) hard reset ur mobile

c) as a last resort restore via iTunes (only factory unlock iPhones )

Jul 14, 2011 3:21 AM in response to bastardongsanto

Enabling Personal Hotspot for 1st Time

1. Click on Setting > General > Network
  2. The items available are Enable 3G, Cellular Data, VPN and Wi-Fi. If Cellular Data is OFF, you won't be able to see Personal Hotspot option.
  3. Turn Cellular Data ON and the Personal Hotspot item will be displayed and status show as Off
    User uploaded file
  4. Open Personal Hotspot item.
  5. Change your Password and turn Personal Hotspot ON and you're good to go. I tried with iPhone3 but only Bluetooth and USB options are available and if you on iPhone4, additional Wi-Fi option is available (correct me if I am wrong 🙂)
  6. iPhone will displays numbers of active connection to your Personal Hotspot, hence you can ensure only you accessing thru it.User uploaded file

Fyi, if Cellular Data is turned ON (step 3), Personal Hotspot option will be available on Main Setting.

Hope this help 🙂

p.s. I am using iPhone4 running on 4.3.3

Message was edited by: Calvin Chung

personal hotspot in iphone 4 is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.