Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Insert valid sim with no PIN lock

Bought Iphone 4g with no sim contract. Activated it and started sync, without sim inside. After this, iphone required to insert valid sim. It doesn't work with my sim inside. Iphone has been bought with no sim contract. Pls help.

iPhone 4

Posted on May 31, 2011 12:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 31, 2011 2:23 AM

Anele17 wrote:

Iphone has been bought with no sim contract. Pls help.

No contract and officially unlocked are entirely two different things. Many places sell no contract iPhones at full price that are still carrier locked. Where & from who did you purchase your phone?

7 replies

Jun 14, 2011 9:36 AM in response to Anele17

Hi, pls see reply from apple store team below. They've said it was an error and promised to help. BUT when I'm truing to activate it, itunes shows the same screen and there is NO RESTORE option...

I am sorry to hear that your iPhone 4 seems to be locked. I have reported the problem to our technical team who will remotely unlock your iPhone within the next 24-48 hours. Once this has been done (by Tuesday evening at the latest) please connect your iphone 4 to the latest version of iTunes & choose the "Restore" option. This will then complete the unlocking process.

Insert valid sim with no PIN lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.