Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video out from iPhone 3GS to TV.

Can I use the standard (3 phono plugs on the end) video out lead I already have to view keynote presentations from my iPhone 3GS on my TV/Projector?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 7:52 AM

7 replies

Oct 14, 2011 7:27 PM in response to jlukef

before iOS 5 I used an "apple" tv cable which connected to my multipin port and went to the TV via component or composite connections depending on the cable I used. Photos, video, YouTube, and quicktime video would play through the cable. I could set the widescreen option in the settings app. This option seems to be left out in iOS 5. The HDMI cable for the iPad and younger generation iPhones enable mirroring which is different and probably why they forgot about it for the 3GS model. if you still have iOS 4.x you should be able to "share" your Keynote as an mp4 or something that will open in quicktime and play through the cable like any video in your photo app or iPod app.

Feb 8, 2013 2:02 AM in response to jlukef

Same problem here.

I can't get any video out of my faithful iPhone 3GS running iOS 6.xx.

I have been browsing Apple discussions for solutions and most of them seem to point out to a faulty Video Composite cable. This is not my case.

I can rule that out 100%.

Old iPhone 3G running ios 3.1.2 works just fine as well as does iPhone 4, with the same cable.

I have tried with a friend's TV and cable and iPhone 3GS and we have identical issues.

(different cables and phones, same issue).

Please note all testing has been done with genuine Apple Video composite cables.

So this points out clearly to a iphone iOS issue combined with hardware.

It appears that starting from iOS > 5.0 video output has been disabled on earlier iPhone models prior to 4.

It would be nice if Apple could issue a Knowledge Base document on the issue as that would save many people further testing and waste of time.

This document http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4108? isn't really complete enough as it stops at iphone 4.

Has anybody the ultimate answer on this issue?

Are there any known work-arounds?

Thanks and regards

Pieter

Video out from iPhone 3GS to TV.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.