Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

best keyboard for ipad 2

Has anyone done comparisons of best keyboard for use with ipad 2? i heard that apple's keyboard for original ipad does not work as well with the ipad 2

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 1:28 PM

13 replies

Jun 1, 2011 2:44 PM in response to Darzart

...i heard that apple's keyboard for original ipad does not work as well with the ipad 2

If you mean the Keyboard Dock, the reason is because Apple changed the physical shape of the iPad2 compared to the iPad1, so the iPad 2 doesn't sit correctly in the dock and so doesn't make proper contact with the dock connector. The Bluetooth keyboard would not have this problem.

I have the Zaggmate keyboard for the iPad1. As the other poster said, it doubles as a case (screen protector) for the iPad. The biggest negative is that the keys are smaller than normal due to the small size of the iPad. Any of the "keyboard cases" have this negative. If that is a big deal to you, then you can use any Bluetooth keyboard, including the Apple Wireless Keyboard. Otherwise, the advantage of the iPad specific keyboard (e.g.:Zaggmate) is that they have iPad specific keys. (e.g.: Home screen, blank screen, start slide show.)

Jun 1, 2011 6:10 PM in response to Dadof2Girls

Dadof2Girls wrote:

"is made for both iPads" is pretty clear. But hey... splitting hairs.

"Is" imples "one" so "Zagg...is made for both iPads" imples one model of Zagg. (Technically, one model of Zaggmate.) If the original sentence was instead "Zagg is nice as it doubles as protective case and are made for both iPads.", then we can sort of see the change in implication, but just barely. Better still would be "Zagg is nice as it doubles as protective case and makes models for both iPads." then the meaning is not ambiguous. (Technically, the sentence should read, "The Zaggmate is nice as it doubles as a protective case and Zagg makes models for both iPads.")

But I knew what you meant. 😀 I just try to remind myself to not nitpick if the nitpick does not add to the overall understanding of the answer. So although I saw the grammar issue, the meaning seemed clear so I did not comment...until now. 😉 Like you said, splitting hairs. 🙂

Aug 21, 2011 8:18 AM in response to Philly_Phan

Was looking for a answer to this question of keyboards.... The amazing thing is I recived an answer I was not looking for!

As I read down through the posts I came across a cross match for nit picking.

God save us all; no wonder the whole planet is at war!

A poignant reminder to me that my opinion really is just a personal and ever changing viewpoint. I hope I keep growing and look for connection and not ways to isolate myself from others.

Ferrdy

best keyboard for ipad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.