Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4 keeps restarting

I have been using my iPhone 4 (OS 4.3.3 currently)without problem for around 3 weeks and today I encountered the problem of the phone restarting every now and then. The lights on the phone will dim before it goes to restart. There was a period where it seems to restart every 5-10mins and it seems fine for a period of 4 hours and then it crashed and restarted again. For now it seems fine again. Please advice on the best solution.

Thank You

iPhone 4, Other OS

Posted on Jun 2, 2011 1:24 PM

4 replies

Sep 17, 2011 9:39 PM in response to royk10

"APPLE HARDWARE/SOFTWARE PRODUCT PROBLEMS WORLDWIDE"

1. 24-06-2011

As from Friday 24th June 2011 when Ipurchased my iPhone 4 it Won't Charge, stays in the red & go above 5% evenafter 2-3+ days no difference charging plus I tried x4 different Apple chargesbut it made no difference at all to the problems with the iPhone 4.

2. 24-06-2011

iPhone 4 keeps restarting it's self every 30 seconds

3. 24-06-2011

I do a system restore many times via iTunes

4. I do a hard reset by holding the power &home button for 45sec x5 times

5. I do a battery calibration by holding the power& home button for 25secas I'm told via online forum

6. Just finely get the iPhone 4 updated to latest4.3.3 OS via iTunes

7. I leave iPhone 4 to completely dis charge whereit won't start at all & then recharge it where charge holds for a couple ofhours but then only to turn itself off when the power meter is reading 64% butwon't restart after pressing power button.

8. So I pug the iPhone 4 back on it's charger fora couple of hours but it still reads only 1% battery power so I do another byholding the power & home button for 25 seconds as I'm told via online forumup to which the battery meter reads 96% as to will not charge no higher than93-96% but again the seconds later the iPhone 4 again starts keeping restartingit's self every 30 seconds non stop all over again.

9. Nothing has help with this piece of Apple ****.

10. Reading more online forum where this is a verycommon problem with it seem that all iPhone models, iPads, iPod 4 it also had similarproblems as did mine.

11. Just finely get the iPhone 4 updated to latestx4.more times of the iPhone OS via iTunes which has made NO DIFFERENCE to thecontinued problems with this APPLE PIECE OF CRAP.

12. 01-09-2011 @ 8:08pm

I plug it in to my computer where it Shows it’scharging a CHARGING icon in the power bar at the top right hand corner of thescreen & then a PowerPoint icon in the power bar at the top right hand cornerof the screen where then continues to restart it’s self every 30 seconds.

13. 01-09-2011

Now after a doing a battery calibration by holding the power & home button for25secas I'm told via online forum. But this time each time it restarts 90%charge, 85% charge, 80% charge, 76% charge & that continues like thatagain, again & again, what a piece of CRAP…

14.01-09-2011

Again I plug it into my computer where it Shows it’s charging a CHARGING icon in the power bar atthe top right hand corner of the screen & then a PowerPoint icon in the powerbar at the top right hand corner of the screen where then continues to restartit’s self every 30 seconds

15.01-09-2011

I Plug it in &once more I do a system restore via Apple iTunes to see once more if it willmake any difference, like that will do anything ‘YEA RIGHT”.. And the answer is“NO WHAT A SURPRISE” Now showing 74% charge, continuing to restart every30seconds

16. 01-09-2011

72% charge,continuing to restart every 30seconds & then showing a PowerPoint icon in the power bar at the topright hand corner of the screen where then continues to restart it’s self every30 seconds.

17. 01-09-2011

Then this happensduring a Sync after a do a system restore via Apple iTunes

18. Now showing 74%charge & still continuing to restart every 30seconds.

19. Wont charge atall while turned on

Jun 11, 2013 11:25 PM in response to royk10

I Only NOW have All the Problems Solved with mine BUT ONLY after having my iPhone 4 Replaced Twice by AppleCare, So x3 iPhone 4's later & traveling 1380km total up & back Travel plus fuel that they DON'T Pay for ha?😮 😕 😟 😠

Make Sure You Get & Pay for the APPLECARE Protection Plan or otherwise this would have been more of a PAIN in the Butt than it already was, U can bet on that.

THAT GOODNESS I NOW HAVE AN iPHONE 4 THAT I ONLY NOW HAVE THAT WORKS & HASN'T GIVEN ME NOT A ONE PROBLEMS AT ALL Unlike the first x2 iPhones 4's that had to be replaced by the APPLECARE Protection Plan? 😮 🙂

Jun 11, 2013 11:50 PM in response to royk10

I Only NOW have All the Problems Solved BUT ONLY after having my iPhone 4 Replaced Twice by AppleCare, So x3 iPhone 4's later & traveling 1380km total up & back Travel plus fuel that they DON'T Pay for ha?😮 😕 😟 😠

Make Sure You Get & Pay for the "APPLECARE Protection Plan" or otherwise this would have been more of a PAIN in the Butt than it already was, U can bet on that.

THAT GOODNESS I NOW HAVE AN iPHONE 4 THAT I ONLY NOW HAVE THAT WORKS & HASN'T GIVEN ME NOT A ONE PROBLEMS AT ALL Unlike the first x2 iPhones 4's that had to be replaced by the APPLECARE Protection Plan? 😮 🙂

Yes NOW Solved but ONLY after x2 iPhone 4 Replacements Later... 😠 🙂

My iPhone 4 keeps restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.