📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging is not supported with this accessory??

Hi there,

Since a few months ago, my iPhone4 started to prompt the message "Charging is not supported with this accessory" almost everytime when I connect the standard USB-cable with the power supply adapter given in the original package. Actually there is not any other accessory connected to the iPhone when I connect the charger so..it's sound really strange to me that the charger is not supported as a charger accessory :-)

Any suggestion?

When it gives me this message I tried so plug the connector on the iPhone (usb cable) a little bit tighter and sometimes it starts to charge. When this happens it's possible that after a few hours without moving the cable it stops charging and it give the same message "charging is not supported with this accessory".

I tried to change the USB cable but I've got the same problem. Is it a problem of th

iPhone 4

Posted on Jun 3, 2011 1:59 AM

2 replies

Jun 14, 2011 5:43 AM in response to Giacomo Paggi

Hi guys,

I see that nobody replies to this thread but I have still the same problem and I've noticed that I get the same error message "Charging in not supported with this accessory" even if I connect the USB cable to a PC instead of using the power supply adapter given in the package. I want to let you know that my iPhone 4 is original and not JB!

Is this a problem of software (some incompatible software installed) or is there something in the hardware?

I've tested 2 USB cables and I've noticed that the problem persists.

Hope you can help me!

Regards

GP

Jun 14, 2011 6:06 AM in response to Giacomo Paggi

I had the same problem. The cables that come with the iphone are junk. The wires break in the ends next to the connectors. I replaced the cable with a higher quality after-market cable and the problem is fixed. I don't remember the brand, but its a 10ft cable that is sturdier and cost the same as Apple's, if not a little cheaper.

Charging is not supported with this accessory??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.