Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new ipad2 is alive. It types on its own and the screen changes on its own. Ignoring my input.

I ordered an ipad2 online and when it finally arrives by DHL out of the box, it seems to have a life of its own.

The screen would change. The keyboard would appear and starts typing on its own, ignoring.

I've reset/restore it several times to no avail. Short of sending it to Apple, I would like to hear whether anyone has come across such problem and get it rectified. Thanks.

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 3:52 AM

6 replies

Jun 27, 2011 7:31 PM in response to marshalfrombeverly hills

Here's a video taken of the ipad's behaviour, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AzxjYPJEqI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I've reset & restored it several times, plugged into itunes without syncing any apps/anything.

Its bare without protective screen. Still no luck.

Its a hardware defect which escaped Apple's QAQC, .....if it still exists in Foxconn, Shenzen,China; which is where it was shipped from.

May 29, 2012 2:03 PM in response to Rogerhoe

I had this problem with my ipad. Typing on its own, changing page size, moving about in applications etc, I spent days working on a fix and have finally solved it.

I hope this benefits others;

1) Download latest itunes to a computer.

2) Connect ipad to the computer using white usb cable.

3) Transfer all purchases etc.

4) Disconnect from itunes.

5) go to settings on the ipad and choose the General option, scroll to bottom and select Reset.

6) choose erase all content and settings.

7) reconnect the ipad to the computer. wait for itunes to find the ipad.

8) on the ipad select set up as new ipad etc until it shows the icons.

9) on itunes select restore ipad.

10) leave itunes to download the latest software. it might take 30mins. dont touch it.

11) when the download is complete it will restore the ipad with latest software.

12) go to settings and switch off Bluetooth. turn off Multitasking gestures. select keyboard and turn off split keyboard. turn off the following too; auto correction, auto capitilisation,check spelling and shortcut.

that's it, ipad should now be problem free.

post here if this helps you.

My new ipad2 is alive. It types on its own and the screen changes on its own. Ignoring my input.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.