Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No sound from iPad 2 except through headphones

Help! No sound coming out from my iPad - YouTube, games, keyboards, etc.. It's not on mute. I've been changing the side switch from mute to rotation and still nothing. When I adjust the volume, it says "headphones" on top of the volume even if there's no headphones plugged. So plugged one and was able to hear the sounds but nothing comes out from the speaker when i removed the headphones. I just bought this 2 days ago and only now that i'm exploring it. Help pls!!!

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2011 8:23 PM

Mechanical switch in headphone jack.

Inspect it for obstruction, blow it out with compressed air, try inserting removing headphones several times.

If that does not work, go to apple store.

8 replies

Jun 26, 2011 8:45 PM in response to enjey

I can't give you any confidence but the System Reset does cure many ills. It's easy, quick and harmless:

Hold down the on/off switch and the Home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it appears.

A System Reset does not remove any apps, music, movies, etc. nor does it cause any settings to revert back to default.

Dec 29, 2011 3:11 PM in response to matja s.

Many thanks to matja s.

After two days with my ipad the speakers stopped working. Tried lots of stuff, read lots of threads, but only this worked:

1. Plug in the earphones jack

2. Open ipod, play any tune and then stop it

3. Turn off the ipad by holding the on/off button for a few secs

4. Unplug the earphones

5. Turn on the ipad by holding the on/button

Thanks!

No sound from iPad 2 except through headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.