Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore "Weather" app?

I accidentally deleted my "Weather" app (the one that's included with every new iPod Touch). I thought "no problem," the app will still be on my Mac, so I can restore it from there. Wrong! I didn't find it there either. In fact, I don't find other "original equipment" apps there either (e.g. Calculator, Safari, et al). I did a sync, figuring I would be asked if I wanted to delete or restore the app, but I was not given this choice.

What do I need to do to recover the "Weather" app to my to 4th Gen. iPod Touch?

Thanks a lot!

Don

Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, iPad 2, MacBook, aluminum Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Apple TV, Time Capsule, AirPort Express, 2G & 4G iPod Touch

Posted on Jul 5, 2011 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2011 4:55 PM

I wasnt aware you could actually delete those apps. are you sure you havent moved them to an app folder or onto another screen? swipe all the way to the left until you get the search screen and type the name of the missing apps. there might be a way if you jailbroke it, but i dont do that and wouldnt know how to get them back if you did.

if all else fails you should be able to restore factory settings on your ipod

-mvimp

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2011 4:55 PM in response to donbo

I wasnt aware you could actually delete those apps. are you sure you havent moved them to an app folder or onto another screen? swipe all the way to the left until you get the search screen and type the name of the missing apps. there might be a way if you jailbroke it, but i dont do that and wouldnt know how to get them back if you did.

if all else fails you should be able to restore factory settings on your ipod

-mvimp

Jul 5, 2011 8:52 PM in response to Myvoiceismypsswrd

Thanks! I never thought to do a search for the app. I did that, and was delighted to see "Weather" show up. After going back to my home screen, though, I still had a hard time finding it. My wallpaper is the Apple-supplied scene with hazy clouds above rolling hills (5th row, second column). My "Weather" app, formerly near the dark blue bottom of one screen had moved to the light blue top of the next screen, where most of its icon practically blended into the wallpaper (at least to my ancient eyes). I'd forgotten that I formerly had a blank position on that screen, so I didn't look closely enough there before I posted my query.

All is well now. Thanks again for your help!

Don

P.S. No jailbreaking here.

How do I restore "Weather" app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.