Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i cracked my ipad 2 screen, i need to know every option i have to fix it

i cracked my ipad 2 and i am leaving the us very soon i need every option there is to fix the screen. thank you

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 8, 2011 10:18 AM

6 replies

Jul 10, 2011 7:08 AM in response to chrichris_05

Don't know any iPad stories but have heard iphones can be fixed for 50 bucks in several aftermarket places in my area. Guessing the same for ipads. They will do it while you wait. Depends on where you are....most big cities will have a few of these places. It cost me 200 bucks at the Apple store about a year ago to fix my phone....great service but pricey....good luck.

Jul 17, 2011 1:53 PM in response to chrichris_05

Hi, my iPad 2 slipped from my hands yesterday onto my friend's paved driveway! I was completely freaked out when I heard that sickening "crunch." I had the smartcover on it but that doesn't do much as it comes off with the fall. Took it to the Apple store today and, pretty much no questions asked, the tech there gave me a brand new replacement free of charge! When I called Apple (the 1-800 #) the rep there said it is not policy to replace the glass screen when accidentally dropped and cracked and it is not under the 1 year warranty agreement but at times, if you actually walk into the store, you will get a replacement. I have heard also that Apple will only do this one time for customers. Worth a try. Make sure you back up the info from your cracked screen iPad onto your Mac and then sync it agin with the new one which is very easy. I saved $260 to repair my screen by doing this. BTW, I am in New York. good luck. Apple has an incredible service reputation and it is easy to see why.

i cracked my ipad 2 screen, i need to know every option i have to fix it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.