Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4 jerky and lag during gameplay

Whenever I play a game like need for speed or any other racing games. I always get millionsecond lags when I play those games. It felt like my A4 chip has defects.

The whole experience feels very jerky, it's like the processor isn't strong enough to support the game.

I'm running on iOS 4.3.4. I tried hard reboot and restore without back up, and it didn't improve anything. The strange thing is if I put the phone into airplane mode or take out the sim card, suddenly everything begins to run so smoothly without any lags or jerkyness. I don't get why my iPhone is doing that.

Is it just me? Anyone out there has that same problem when they play games, please let me know. I would much appreciate to responses :)

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Jul 16, 2011 8:17 PM

7 replies

Jul 17, 2011 11:57 AM in response to tedfromcalgary

are you saying that your iphone is perfectly clean, up to date and you've only added one app that wasn't on the phone when you bought it? you said in your original post that "Whenever I play a game like need for speed or any other racing games." That confuses me, is there only one app or any other racing game? You need to be honest if you want help. I think i can speak for the whole world and say that there is no way that you've gone thru 3 perfectly stock iphones and one racing app and the phone is choppy.

Jul 17, 2011 1:30 PM in response to iinami

OK, this is exactly what i did. I restored my iphone and after it is done the first thing I did was connect it to wifi and download "real racing". So it is clear that my iphone is completly clean.

But the game is still choppy.

I dont know what is wrong with it.

The first post I meant that whenever i play a racing game like NFS for example, it lags but only some of the time, like when you race for 2 minutes and it jerks for a millionsecond, and then is back to smooth normal again.

For example I race a 3 lap race and not every lap is smooth.

Sep 30, 2011 8:38 AM in response to tedfromcalgary

I came across this post while I was looking for an answer for my own issue. But I actually have the opposite problem from what you're explaining. Games tend to run smoothly and lag free while connected to my home network, but when I am roaming or when my phone is in airplane mode or without a sim, some games tend to start lagging or get jerky and in some cases not even start. I was wondering if anyone has been experiencing my issue.

Iphone 4 jerky and lag during gameplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.