Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the rumor that an iPad 2 (wifi) can use an iPhone 4 as a wifi hotspot?

On the google.ca chat forum, there been a lot of talk about the iPhone 4 being used as a hotspot for the ipad2. Considering the price difference between the iPad 2 wifi vs. 3g is not major, makes more sense to buy the 3G one anyways.

iPad 2, iOS 4

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2011 9:29 PM

If you have a tethering option on your iPhone cellular plan, yes, you can use the iPhone as a hot-spot for the iPad.

Stedman

7 replies

Jul 27, 2011 4:49 PM in response to HenBar306

I have a WiFi only iPad1. I use a Verizon MIFI 2200 hotspot device that is about the size of a larger, thicker credit card. It easily fits into a shirt pocket. It does not connect to the iPad by any cable whatsoever. It is a free standing device. You can connect up to five devices at a time with the 2200. However, like any cell phone, 3G, wireless connection like this, in some areas the reception/connection is great - in other places - not so much. Sort of the anti - "can you hear me now?"

Is the rumor that an iPad 2 (wifi) can use an iPhone 4 as a wifi hotspot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.