Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create a music fade out in iMovie ios app?

HI,

Just what the header says -- how can I create a background music audio fade out in the ios iMovie app? I'm not using the theme music that goes w/ iMovie app projects, but am instead importing background music into the project. Thus far, the music seems to cut off abruptly, even if I check "fade out" for the project. I have added a blank black picture at the end and cross dissolve to it, but that still doesn't quite cut it.

Anybody tried any other video editing apps on iPad2 which have a better feature set than the iMovie app?

FWIW, I've been a media producer (no-budget, low-level) for my college for years, and I'm really pleased by just how do-able creating videos is on the iPad2. No, it's not perfect, and it's certainly not "professional" but it does make it possible to go to an event and quickly shoot, edit and post while still on site. I started by lugging around the deck for a U-matic machine, cabled to a shoulder-mount camcorder and cuts-only edit system, so it's still stunning to me.

Any insight or guidance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ron B

Video Guy

GeorgiaCOE

Posted on Jul 26, 2011 5:51 AM

5 replies

Sep 21, 2011 8:30 AM in response to rbraxley

This won't fade it to mute, but I will record a track but of nothing, put it at the point I want the theme music to fade down, but mute the track just to be sure it is quiet (double tap it and turn the level all the way down). This will force the theme music to duck at that point. As I said, it won't fade it out all together, but it does go some of the way.

How can I create a music fade out in iMovie ios app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.