Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does apple no longer support the nook app?

I accidentally deleted my nook App and I went to the app store to download it again but it is not showing up when I search for it. Is it no longer available on the iPad 2?

iPad 2

Posted on Jul 27, 2011 2:36 PM

9 replies

Jul 27, 2011 2:49 PM in response to stephanie1015

I just did a search on the app store for Nook and found it (both iPad and iPhone versions). It may be that it was briefly taken down for an update today... as you may know, B&N and other distributors have taken out the direct purchase links from their ebook apps, per Apple's requirements, but you can still purchase ebooks from B&N and download them to your iPad.

Jul 27, 2011 6:11 PM in response to stephanie1015

BTW.....There was an article on the Wall Street Journal yesterday about a significant change in Apps such as Nook and Kindle. They are still available, but Apple is enforcing their policy to take 30% of any sale made from the App on iPad, so both Nook and Kindle no longer permit In-App Purchases through iPad. That doesn't mean you can't still purchase books etc., from Nook or Kindle, nor does it mean you can view them on your iPad, it just means you'll have to buy them directly from Nook or Kindle on your computers. When you do and you open your Kindle or Nook Apps, you'll have access to your library.

Jul 28, 2011 10:41 AM in response to lobsterghost1

Or you can buy eBooks using Safari on the iPad. Browse to BN.com, click 'shop for nook books'. After you've paid, open the app, sync the library, and download your books.

Book buying aside I have the same problem, can't find the iPad nook app in the app store. It has the iPhone version and iPad app for Kids; but no nook app for the iPad.... that was 11 pm EDT yesterday.

See here: http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/07/nook-ipad-reader-app-pulled-from-app-store-bu t-coming-back-soon-with-something-huge

Message was edited by: jpn621 (added link)

Jul 29, 2011 8:52 PM in response to jpn621

The Nook for iPad app was temporarily removed from the AppStore due to new rules Apple imposed regarding in-app purchases. As of a few hours ago, the app is back and better than ever! The new 3.0 version adds support for magazines and newspapers, has a nicely designed new interface and greatly improves the speed of viewing and syncing your titles. As mentioned, Apple now forbids links to purchase books in the app, but all you have to do is point your browser at nookbooks.com and all your purchases will automatically appear in the app. Happy reading!

Does apple no longer support the nook app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.