Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to unlock a disabled ipad thats not synced to itunes

iPad

Posted on Aug 3, 2011 12:39 PM

3 replies

Aug 3, 2011 12:50 PM in response to bloo33

To unlock an iPad that has become disabled due to the loss of the lock-screen password, you will need to restore the iPad through iTunes. See:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1212

If you are unable to restore the iPad via this method, you will need to put the iPad into Recovery Mode and try restoring it that way:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808

Regards.

Jan 23, 2013 2:17 PM in response to varjak paw

Thanks Varjak,

I had to restore my IPad 2 to factory settings and it took me a day and a half because I had to plug it in hundreds of times and wait for the ITunes icon to show up. I don't htink it should take so long to restore a stupid IPad. Apple should think about it since nobody has all day to do this.. Plus, I lost all the music I had downloaded through an app purchased from the Apple Store, and there's no way to recover them.

In addition, when I sync my device, I lose all of my music , even if it was legally bought. I hate this. Never will I buy another IPad again, nor will I recommend it to anyone who wants to buy a tablet.

However, thanks for your help!

Jan 23, 2013 2:32 PM in response to tina60

had to restore my IPad 2 to factory settings and it took me a day and a half because I had to plug it in hundreds of times and wait for the ITunes icon to show up

If it took that long, something is wrong with either your iPad or your computer. I've restored iPads multiple times and it's never taken more than a few minutes.

I lost all the music I had downloaded through an app purchased from the Apple Store, and there's no way to recover them.

If you purchased the tracks from the iTunes Store, you can almost certainly restore them. If you purchased through an app, that's nothing to do with Apple so you'd need to contact the app developer and discuss the problem with them. The songs may be stored in your iPad backup as part of the app data, but the developer should be able to tell you.

In addition, when I sync my device, I lose all of my music , even if it was legally bought.

Again, something's wrong with either the iPad hardware or with your computer. This is not normal behavior. Probably related to the first problem, taking hours to restore.

You may be well served by starting a new thread in the Using iPad forum (this forum is for questions related to using an iPad in businesses and other large organizations), providing full details about your computer, it's operating system, the version of iTunes, etc. Perhaps someone can help you sort things out. Or if there's an Apple Store in your area, you can make an appointment with them for assistance.

Regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.