Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 now or later

I currently have iPhone 3G which is 3 years old and it is slow, laggy, and buggy. I am waiting on next iphone to be released but apparently my phone is getting worse day by day, especially after 4.x updates. When I get next iphone that gets released I also plan on getting white iphone 4 for my mother since she adores that design and color. We both have upgrade eligibility. Since I have unlimited data, I plan on getting iphone 4 from target for $85 (149.99(sale)-65.00(iphone recycle program)) until the new one is released and buy the new iphone under my mother's account and swap the phone with her. What would you do in this case? Personally I dont want to give my mother a used phone even if it is used only for a month but I need a new phone so badly to the point that I have hard time making phone calls and I dont want to lose my unlimited data plan by using different smart phone as a temporary.

iPhone 4

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 7:56 AM

4 replies

Aug 5, 2011 8:40 AM in response to Xcleex

Sounds like a plan. I don't think your mother will care if the iP4 is only a month or two old... if you take care of it (put a case on it), it will be just like new to her. Ask her and you'll know for sure.

Regarding your 3G. Try a restore as new, i.e. without your backup, and it will most likely run much better, but not as good as on 3.1.3.

Aug 5, 2011 8:48 AM in response to paulcb

She said she's fine, but she was not really a fan of used stuff. Not sure about if it is family member used stuff. She didnt even want to buy a month used car which had clean record according to carfax and bought new car so im a bit hesitating here.

I also tried restoring it clean to factory setting but when I press message, it openes up and as the app is loading it closes, when I press photo it goes to map(not the right choice on the botton of photo app), i swipe left it swipes right occasionally. I heard 3G is capable of downgrading through long process, maybe ill give that a try.

Aug 5, 2011 9:30 AM in response to Xcleex

I also tried restoring it clean to factory setting but when I press message, it openes up and as the app is loading it closes, when I press photo it goes to map(not the right choice on the botton of photo app), i swipe left it swipes right occasionally. I heard 3G is capable of downgrading through long process, maybe ill give that a try.

That's very bizzarre behavior. Before downgrading, I'd try the restore as new again, not load anything and see how it runs.

FWIW, my 3G is on iOS4 and runs acceptable but not great and not near as good as on IOS3. I restored as new and it improved a bit. I've considered downgrading but will just wait for the next iPhone.

iPhone 4 now or later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.