Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My personal hotspot cant connect on ps3 help please

I can't seem to use my hotspot on iPhone 4 to play online with my ps3 . The characters for the connection name are invalid .. This is so frustrating

Is there away to make it work ?

Posted on Aug 18, 2011 8:28 AM

7 replies

Dec 22, 2011 7:59 AM in response to Danmah

yes it can be done without a jailbreak of the iphone dont listen to people who tell you thats the only way. ok so this is how i do it its very simple just no one has figured it out yet but me as far as i can find. 1. rename your iphone (ssid) capital A (this is just easyer than doing a whole name of code) 2. turn on hotspot make sure you have tower signal. this is it for the iphone. 3. go to network settings on the ps3 search wireless router as you would normally and select capital A (this is the ssid) 4. on the next screen the ps3 will ask you to confirm the ssid you have chosen but you wont be able to it just comes up with an error saying only ASCII characters alowed. so this is what you have re-enter into the ssid. 5. rename the ssid on the ps3 without brackets ( 65 41 101 &#65no space; ) if i dont put a gap between 65 and the semicolin the code just turns into A proving my point. 6. this should then let you go on to the next screen and input your security and so on. So this code is computer language for capital A all computers talk in this code but you just never see it. but for some reason the iphone will accept this code instead of just the letter A . i only figured this out a few days ago and cant find anyone else with this knowlege so far. so im trying to spread the word. i have a short video on youtube (just search for raptorbeast1)exsplaining it but a demonstration video wont be up until the 24-12-11 i hope this helps you and many others if any1 has any querys post a comment on my youtube.

Feb 5, 2013 5:27 PM in response to stiffnutt88

I have an iPhone 4S and bought the Slimline PS3 320GB last week, I don't have access to Internet at home, however have unlimited mobile phone Internet and would like to connect PS3 to my iPhone to use the Internet and failed several times. Came across your solution, Tried your method also checked out your YouTube video and failed to work. Help me, can you give me clear step by step instruction just in case I'm going wrong somewhere please. Thank you very much appreciated for your time and effort.

My personal hotspot cant connect on ps3 help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.