Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The best earbuds for iPhone

I am very picky about the sound. It took me a long time to find a substitute for Sony MDR-E888, whch were purcassed in 2003. I found Super.fi 5 EB, which had an extra bass. I needed the bass since the iPhone doesn't have custom EQ. They were the greatest for the price. After 4 years they broke and there are no longer being made. Logitech acquired the Ultimate Ears, and they have new headphones. I tried Sony's, Panasonic, Etimotics, none of them come close to UE super.fi 5EB

Can anyone recommend some great ear buds $100-$200, that had great bass, mids and highs.? The problem buying them online or the store, you can not try them on at the store. You can only do it at home.

Thanks.

iMac 24", Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2011 10:02 PM

Depends on personal preference but I really like these.

10 replies

Aug 24, 2011 10:35 PM in response to Pembs

Thank you guys. I tried Sony MDR-XB40 EX and Sony MDR EX600 after reading the great reviews on Amazon. I could not believe how bad they sounded. No highs, mid range not clear and mufled bass. I thought that something wrong with my ears. So I decided to show them to a professional studio mixer. His opinion was that theses 2 Sony earbuds are very poor quality. I asked the guy, maybe its personal preference. He smiled and said that, if a person has a great set, everyone would love them, in spite of personal preferences. He pulled one of his sets and let me listen to them. They sounded fantastic, and they were also fantastic in price $1,250 a pair.

Well, I am not a professional sound engineer, and spending this kind of $$$, to use them for jogging kind of costly. So, I will try Boss. I can not believe how many more companies are into earbuds, since the MP3 replaced the CDs. Someone suggested Dr Dre earbuds, by Memorex. I could not find specifications, besides about 38% reviews are negative.

Thanks again!

Aug 24, 2011 10:34 PM in response to Girshon Rutstein

You're most welcome, I use the older model of the ones I posted above and really like them (not sure why their reiews aren't as good) but then i tried the ones I posted and whoa! They are almost 2 times as better! I haven't bought them yet as I personally feel that $100 for headphones is a waste (I got mine for free using credit card points).

Aug 27, 2011 7:30 PM in response to Girshon Rutstein

To answer your question, yes they fit around very well. You receive different size earbuds and must play around to find which one of the 3 best fits your ears (large is perfect for me but that doesn't matter). If you wear loose ones, you will notice a leak like you mentioned. If you wear too large, well you won't be able to wear them as they wouldn't fit 🙂

Aug 27, 2011 7:48 PM in response to Pembs

I went to Best Buys and they did not have the Boss in stock. So they convinced me to get Dr Dre, or Monster tourbine, $169 each. I got them, tried them right at the store and returned them right away. The Tourbine had no power and little base and when I tried to push them deeper into my ear canal, I lost the soumd on one of right side. Dr Dre, sounded vorse than my $39 sony that I have. In fact when I got home I read that a lote of people had problems with the Nonster Tourbines are falling apart or losing sound after a few months. This company are making very expensive cables and should stick to what the do the best.

I tried Ethymotics, no bass. Someone said, Sure were so-so, unless you get the $500 ones. There are 2 remains, Boss or UE Triple 10

I think I am spoiled having UE Super.fi 5 EB, because I have not heard anybetter ones yet.

The best earbuds for iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.