Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i transfer books from ipad to mac

How can i transfer books from my iPad to my Mac?

iPad 2, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Aug 30, 2011 5:35 AM

11 replies

Aug 8, 2012 10:10 PM in response to vesalian00

However; anything that is loaded into an app will be backed up when you do a backup in iTunes. No way to get at them, but they are there if you need to restore the iPad. iTunes does a backup by default when you sync. You can also force one by right clicking on the iPad under Devices and choosing Backup.

The exceptions are iBooks, Video, and iPad. That media is synced in iTunes itself. If you have media in those apps that does not show, up double check your sync settings in iTunes. You can also try right clicking on your iPad in iTunes and choose Transfer Purchases.

But you can follow this step by step guide about How to transfer and copy ePub books from iPad to Mac, including the ePub book files.

It's easy to understand and works pretty well for my iPad.

Sep 28, 2012 3:36 AM in response to iderythought

There are many third-party applications that let you do this. I'm wary of them - having been stung badly in the recent past - and would advise against spending the $25 for some software from an affiliate that may, or may not work.

This is something that Apple need to sort out and I'd urge people to be cautious when using third-party solutions like this.

Dec 27, 2013 10:13 PM in response to vesalian00

User uploaded file

First of all you need iTunes to transfer any ebooks to an Apple iOS device. Then make sure all the ebooks you want to transfer are in the .epub format. If they are stored in another format on your dell you need to convert them, this can change the outline of your ebooks but it makes them available for your iPad,

If you need to transfer iPad books back to computer, this is the step by step: How to transfer iPad books to Mac.

Dec 28, 2013 12:05 AM in response to vesalian00

In order to transfer Books from iPhone/iPad to PC with original quality, here I recommend you to use an professional third party program –Coolmuster iPad/iPhone/iPod to PC Transfer. By using iPhone/iPad iBooks Transfer as the tool of transfer audio books from iPhone/iPad to pc, you can transfer audio books from iPhone to PC, transfer audio books from iPad to PC, transfer audio books from iPhone 4 to PC.

how can i transfer books from ipad to mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.